Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Resting on My Laurels

Rest? What in the world is that?

I wouldn't consider myself a Type A kind of person, but I do have Type A tendencies. I am a multitasker. I like having multiple things going on at once. I thrive in 'organized chaos' environments. I am a can-do type of person!

I don't like the idea of rest. As much as I crave it after a long work week, I usually spend my off days trying to find something to do. And not just some thing...it has to be productive: cooking, cleaning, reading, learning. As my mother would say, I'm always searching for something. How would she know? Probably because she and I are identical in nature!

So, what's my latest project? Phlebotomy! Yes, I have decided to take a phlebotomy course at a local training center. There is no one at my job who is willing to teach me, and this is one of the many skills I should master before starting PA school. So, in two weeks I can add phlebotomist to my short list of credentials! I'm hoping that my CNA/Phleb certifications can land me a job in a hospital setting. That will afford me the opportunity to really get some clinical skills under my belt.

No comments: