Friday, October 17, 2008

Here we go again

So...just got off the phone with my home institution. Yeah, the university I attended over 6 years ago. They are still in the business of giving people the run-around.

I've been accepted to PA school. However, I have been accepted provisionally, meaning there are certain requirements that must be met before I can attend. Finishing my degree is one of those provisions. I have been trying to finish this degree for over 4 years, and every time I try there seems to be a brick wall in my way. Why is it so hard to transfer credits from one place to another? Why do universities look down on community college courses? Why does this have to be so hard?

I have two options: either be allowed to take the one course I need to graduate here at home, or uproot, move miles away from home, and attend school at my home institution. As upset and frustrated as I am, I cannot let anything stand in the way of me and PA school.

No comments: