Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Nobama and McCan't

So, which one will it be? Well, in about 7 hours or so, the whole world will know who the next President of the United States will be. I have to admit, I'm getting pretty excited!

I stood in line last Thursday for 5 hours...yes, 5 hours...just to cast my vote. It's amazing what kind of conversations one can have with strangers when there is nothing better to do. I met this nice young lady. She and I talked the time away! By the time I cast my vote, my feet were killing me. For some reason, I had the bright idea to wear heels that day! Well, at least I looked halfway decent.

I usually come here to vent my frustrations with work, but I had a really good day today. I was efficient, friendly, helpful, and I was given kudos for my work ethic! The highlight of my day was talking to Mr. D, a dementia patient on my floor. He is the sweetest man, but he gets confused easily, and is always looking for a way out of the building. I approached him while he was attempting one of his escapes:

Me: Mr. D, what's going on?

D: Nothing, I'm just trying to get out of here.

Me: Why would you want to do that? You tell me what you want to do and I will help you do it, ok?

D: Ok. Well, help me get out of here.

Me. Out? You can't go out. What's out there that you need?

D: Freedom.



If that doesn't give you pause, nothing will.

No comments: