Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Introduction

My journey from music to medicine began about two years ago. My faith in my musical talents was beginning to dwindle, and I was growing weary of the fitness profession. I wanted and needed a change; I needed a career that would allow me to make positive impressions on the lives of others, and pose daily challenges. So, I turned to my first love...medicine. After sifting through the numerous healthcare careers available, I came across the Physician Assistant profession, and was instantly intrigued. The more I read, the more I knew this was the career for me. And here I am, one year away from embarking on my journey to becoming a certified, competent Physician Assistant.

I have created this blog for many reasons. It will serve first and foremost as a resource for those who are interested in pursuing a career as a PA. There are loads of blogs out there written for and by student doctors, but very few for pre-PA/PA students. I also would like to use this blog to demonstrate that PA students come from all walks of life. I am not what one would consider a typical PA school applicant! Finally, this blog will be a place where I can come and vent my frustrations and concerns.

I have one year before PA school begins, and I need all the time I can get. Relocating plans, completing my degree, finishing prerequisite courses, and gaining valuable patient care experience will keep me busy and focused. I look forward to telling my story, and reading and responding to comments. That is, of course, if anyone happens to stumble upon this blog. Happy reading!

No comments: