Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Twilight Zone

Finally, 2009! I for one am happy to say goodbye to 2008. It was a rough road, but we made it, and now we are ready to embark upon what seems to be an exciting year!

Every New Year's we are treated with another marathon of one of my all time favs: The Twilight Zone. Wasn't Rod Sterling an absolute genius? I stopped my my parents' house, and my mom, sister, and I watched at least 3 or 4 episodes. During commercial breaks, we recalled some of our favorites, like Willoughby...and Kick the Can! Good stuff.

Unfortunately, I couldn't stay long...I am scheduled to work tommorow. I'm not upset at all about it; the boss seems to think that I am ready to strike out on my own, and we all get paid time and a half! I'm learning so much just being in the unit. I think I've learned more in the past two days than I learned in all my time at the hellhole. No longer am I afraid to ask what a patients' diagnosis is, or read a chart. I'm EXPECTED to read the chart!

My New Year's resolutions? Too many to count, but I have a few at the top of the list:

To stay fit and healthy
To work hard and learn much at my new job
To save as much money as I can
To spend time with family and friends before I leave for school
To take a much needed vacation with the cop

2009 will be a great year if I can accomplish just a few of those goals. As excited as I am to see 2009 roll around, I have my eyes and heart set on 2010. I can't wait to start studying medicine!

No comments: