Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Joy

Yesterday was my last day in LTC. The day went by so fast...I felt like I was floating! I found my smile, my energy, my joy for medicine again..even as I was met with frowns, attitudes, and jealousy.

It's amazing how people can envy you when they don't really know you. I had a few coworkers who were sincerely happy for me, but most were not thrilled at all. They spent the whole day avoiding me, rolling their eyes at me, and barking orders at me. Oh well! It's their problem, not mine! I painstakingly said my goodbyes to some of my favorite residents. Ms. Hazel started to cry (that just tore me up), and before I left, she gave me a Christmas gift...and lapel pin that says "Joy."

So, today I was scheduled for the new hire physical exam and screening at my new job! I got poked and prodded a few times and had to pee in a cup. My physical was done by an NP/PA. She inquired about my educational pursuits, and I told her about PA school. She seemed genuinely excited for me and wished me well. She also offered me some great advice! So, it seems like I'm all set to start at the end of the month. I can't wait. I hear working in the hospital as opposed to LTC is like night and day. Bring it on!!!! NOW!

No comments: