Saturday, December 27, 2008

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

I know, it's a bit late for the former, but just in time for the latter. I thought I would kill two birds with one stone.

Seriously, I hope you all (is anyone reading this blog?) had a wonderful Christmas, and I hope the New Year brings you happiness and peace of mind. Not much going on 'round these parts. I start my new job in exactly two days. Time surely flies. I'ts been great having time to do all the cleaning/cooking/cuddling that I've been wanting to do for so long. Even the cop got an extra few days off for the holidays. It's been great!

I've been back to the hellhole a few times since quitting. The place feels so unfamiliar, like I never worked there a day in my life. Sure, I recognize the faces, but the place just feels foreign. I stopped by today to bring one of my favorite patients two hefty pieces of cake. I stayed and chatted with her while she ate and moaned, and complimented my cooking. I swear, by the time I left, the cake was all gone. I think I'll go and have a piece of cake myself!

No comments: