Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Congrats, Obama!

Today feels different. Feels akward, new, fresh, frightening. Come January 2009, we will have a black man in the highest office of the land. My God, I can't believe this is happening.

I have no words to express what I am feeling right now. I am elated that Obama has won this election. However, I can't even begin to imagine the hardships that are to come for him and his family. Let's face it, this world ain't pretty. This country has never been pretty and probably never will be. We love to walk around in our suits and scrubs like everything is smooth sailing, like this country was founded on moral values and honorable ideals. NEWS FLASH: This country's history is as nasty as it gets. Racism/White Supremacy is what founded this country, and persists today. Yes, it does! Obama being elected President does not change this at all.

Why is it that America feels the right to 'clean house' for every other country, but fails to see the mess we have right here within our borders? Why do we deem democracy a necessity for other countries when we barely have it here? We are a suffering nation. We need help. "Minorities" in this country are dying in every sense of the word, but billions of dollars are sent to Africa. Africa is a rich nation...why do they need our money? Because we are robbing them blind! I'm rambling, I know, but these things and many others come to mind when I think about how filthy this country is. I voted for Obama, not because I feel he is the next coming of Christ. I voted for him, because I swore if McCain won this election, I was moving out of this country. To me, Obama is the better of the two. Do I feel he will make drastic changes for the working class? I don't know...he is a politician. Moreover, he is a puppet, like all presidents are. He will only do what he is allowed to do by the powers that be. The same powers that keep the working class working, and the rich rich. The same powers that recognize that keeping the minorities of the world hopeless and self hating is the key to survival. We desperately need change. We needed change 400 years ago. The time has come to put this country on the right track. I do hope Obama is the right man for the job.

No comments: