Saturday, July 31, 2010

Summer Semester...DONE

Good morning, and greetings from SE USA!! I just arrived home late last night. It feels good to be done...

Finals week was tiring, of course, but I had lots of fun with the exams. The material this semester was enjoyable for the most part, and I feel like I really earned some stripes. I have a few simple procedures under my belt, I know how to write prescriptions, and I'm really starting to feel like I'm gaining some workable knowledge. Here is what lies in store for us next semester:

EKG/Lab Medicine/Radiology
Patho III
Clinical Medicine III
Pharmacology II
Women's Health
History taking and Physical Exams II
History and Physical Lab
Procedures and Diagnostics II

Yep...8 classes and a total of 18 credits. Instructors have warned us that this is the most difficult semester of them all. This is when most students are lost to bad grades and poor time management. To make it through two semesters just to be kicked out seems cruel. I don't intend to be in that number. I'm not going out like that!

The detective and Linc are sleeping right now. I feel like I need something to do. It's difficult trying to relax when you've spent months in high gear, but I'm going to force myself to do it. I deserve it!

No comments: