Saturday, July 10, 2010

Hellooooo..... anybody home?

Yes, I'm still here, and no, I'm not ignoring you. Do I really need to explain? Probably not. You all understand, I'm sure!

So, we just wrapped up a hellish week of tests and practical exams. Funny thing is, during my ABG practical, while trying to take the cap off of the needle, the entire needle came flying out. My hands were shaking so badly, I could barely put the needle back onto the syringe. I couldn't help but laugh to myself...and laugh out loud as I walked out of the testing site. You would think that with all my years of performing I wouldn't have a nervous bone left in my body. Yeah right!

Last week, in comparison to the week before, was a great success. There wasn't one exam I walked out of where I felt that nasty, hollow pit in my stomach. The exams were challenging, but I prepared well, and I trust I did well. There's nothing like a difficult Patho exam to cheer me up and make me feel smart! I must admit, I'm growing weary. The summer semesters go very quickly and material is thrown at you at lightning speed. It's ok! In three short weeks, I'll be home on summer break!

It looks like my break is already booked up! I'm traveling to Mississippi for a few days with the family, and then Linc, the detective and I are planning a mountain retreat for a week or so. I can't think of anything better than waking up early just to catch the sunrise; having breakfast on the patio; breathing in that crisp, clean mountain air, and hiking with my two favorite people (yes, my dog is a person, too) in the world.

Until then, it's back to the books.

No comments: