Monday, January 4, 2010

So Much To Do

My list of things to do just keeps growing and growing. I'm not complaining, though; I've always enjoyed having lots and lots to do. However, as I mentioned before in a previous post, I had no idea the amount of "housekeeping" that needed to be done prior to the first day of class. I imagine it's a lot of work for students who live close to their respective programs. But for those of us traveling cross country, there are added stressors that make the process much more time consuming.

I've finally finished packing my clothes and shoes. That alone took two hours. I didn't realize how clutered my closet was! I can't let that happen in the new apartment. And the shopping lists...it's funny when you're looking it over and you've got the common sense items on there like soap, shower curtain, and towels, but then you later realize you forgot to put an iron on there! What I don't want is to get snowed in without all of my necessary items. Let's just say I'm glad soap is on the list. I can't go to class funky, but I have no problem wearing wrinkled clothing for a day or two!

The cop has another long stretch of off days. That makes for lots of "us" time, and I'm looking forward to it! He's been so supportive of me, and I appreciate him for that.

Well, my goal this week is to get back on a normal sleeping schedule, so I guess I should retire for the night. Till next time...

No comments: