Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Orientation

So far, so good!


There are 40+ students in my class, many of whom look like they just graduated from high school! At this point, I am the oldest person in the class, although there are a few that I have yet to talk with that look around my age. I managed to have some meaningful conversations with a few people, and even found a group of older classmates who seemed to have some life experience! How refreshing!

The day ended rather early. We started by filling out lots and lots of paperwork, meeting the faculty and staff, and going over our admission packets with our advisors. I love my advisor! She seems to be a no nonsense type of person, and I like that! We have two more days of orientation, and we begin classes on Monday morning. It's interesting...I'm finally here, settling into graduate studies, living on my own, pursuing the thing I've dreamt of for 2 years. Officially a PA-S!! I must say, it's gratifying to see the fruits of my labor.

I'm so happy to be here, and I'm looking forward to developing as a person and a professional. I'm looking forward to being the best PA I can be.

No comments: