Sunday, November 8, 2009

Where has the time gone?

It's been a month since my last post! Goodness...where does the time go? Life has been busy, but not that busy. I've been having the time of my life, though!

Finally...FINALLY... we are working three twelve hour shifts at work. No more driving to work five days a week. No more 8-hour shifts. I finally have a life outside of work. The cop and I finally have time to go out and enjoy one another. And...I can go salsa dancing more often. Yesssss!! Most importantly, I have time to complete my Organic chemistry assignments. Speaking of which, I should be doing homework right now. Three weeks in, and I'm already on chapters 8 and 9. This Thursday I begin chapters 10 and 11, and I take my midterm this weekend! Talk about determination!

It seems everyday I'm receiving some sort of correspondence from PA school. I am looking to receive my orientation packet this week, and I have already registered for the first round of classes. 7 classes totaling 16 credits! Bring...it...on! Because of O-Chem, I've had to take a break from brushing up on Anatomy and Physiology, but I think I got a lot out of the little I did review. I mainly focused on Neuroanatomy and Physiology, which has always been a weak point for me. I feel like I have a better mental picture (no pun intended) of the brain, spinal cord, and PNS. I never thought I'd be interested in it, but I guess that was only because I didn't understand it. At this point, I don't see myself specializing in Neurology. It's interesting, no doubt, but not that interesting.

I am approximately 8-9 weeks away from leaving my entire family behind and moving to a strange, new section of the country. It's finally starting to sink in. I won't lie; the thought of PA school is starting to scare me, and I often ask myself what I've gotten into here. But I know that nothing worth having is easy, and I've worked so hard to get to where I am. I truly love medicine, I love people, and I love challenges. This career path has my name written all over it.

Well, time to hit the books again. I hope to write again very soon.

No comments: