Saturday, January 24, 2009

America's Next Top Tenor

I've just returned from seeing Lawrence Brownlee in recital with Martin Katz. Both singer and accompanist are two of the world's most talented artists, and I am so happy that I got a chance to see them perform.

I almost didn't make it to the concert tonight. I've been so tired lately with work and responsibilities at home, but I knew this was a recital I could not miss. I've been a fan of Brownlee for some time. To hear his recordings is to be mesmerized, but to see him in person is quite a different experience altogether! His voice is so pure and seamless, and he's a fantastic actor! I would love to see him perform in the opera house. What's remarkable is that he is quite young, but his technique and stage presence are that of a seasoned professional. He IS a seasoned professional, I guess, when you take into account his CV and performance history.

You know you've been a part of something special when it brings tears to your eyes, and you leave the venue emotionally spent. I look forward to seeing him perform again soon!

No comments: