Monday, November 28, 2011

The Death of M&M

Hello gang!

Long time, no see. I've been wrapping up my ER rotation and working on my thesis, all while juggling several other projects. No worries; I head home in one week. No rotations, no studying...just me, my family, and some good home cooking!

Today marks an important day in the life of this blog. For almost 4 years it has served as my outlet. I have enjoyed very much the opportunity to use this platform to communicate the struggles and triumphs I have experienced as I abandoned my musical life and chose to take the leap that landed me into PA school. I couldn't be more happy.

I hereby announce the death of Music and Medicine. It will remain up and running so that others may benefit, and so I may visit frequently to remind myself of how far I have come. I am moving on to higher ground; I'm hoping to take some of you with me!

Introducing my newest venture: GetIntoPAPrograms.com

We've put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into this project to ensure that this site provides timely, relevant information in a refreshing manner. Check us out and spread the word!

Stacey

8 comments:

Mina said...

Noooo! I'm going to miss this blog. I know you have a lot of information to share with your e-book and I hope it becomes successful. Thank you for sharing your experiences, you are an inspiration to me

SLP said...

Hello Mina!

Your kind words mean so much. M&M has been put to rest, but the writing and sharing has not. That's the goal of the new site. There's lots of new content coming.

How far are you in the application process. Let me know; I'd be happy to help you as much as I can.

Mina said...

I'm actually still taking prereqs and am preparing to start a physical therapist assistant program for health care experience
I'm nowhere near the application process yet, but hopefully I'll be there someday

SLP said...

You WILL get there! You are on the right track, doing what most applicants are not doing...getting quality healthcare experience!

I applaud you. Please, feel free to email me privately when you are a few months away from beginning the application process. I will do all that I can to assist you.

Mina said...

What is your email address? I will still be getting your e-book. Happy New Year by the way!

SLP said...

Hello Mina,

You can email me at getin@getintopaprograms.com.

I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for staying in touch.

Amy said...

I just discovered this blog, and I have really enjoyed it. I know you have started your new website (which I plan on checking out) but I'm wondering where you ended up! What specialty did you decide to work in?

I just discovered the PA profession a few months ago, and I've been reading these blogs to learn more. I feel like I am way behind since I would need to get pre-reqs and HCE, but like you I've always had a love for medicine even though the med school track wasn't for me. Thanks for sharing your story!

SLP said...

Hello Amy and thank you for tuning in! I apologize for the delayed response.

I have one month until I graduate so I'm still trucking along. I have yet to decide on a specialty yet, but I do know which specialties to stay away from!

I have enjoyed PA school immensely. I encourage you to research the profession thoroughly before jumping in and completing all the courses you will need to apply. There are challenges that come with an undertaking of this magnitude, but I promise you it is worth it.

Feel free to email me again if you have specific questions, or you can chat with me live on the new site. I know what it's like for the non-traditional student, and it can be hard to take on the PA application process in the beginning.

I hope to hear from you again soon. Take care!

SLP