Tuesday, October 25, 2011

ED...here I come!

It's 1:22 AM. I'm gonna hate myself when my alarm clock goes off.

A fellow reader wants to know what's next on the clinical agenda. I'm hitting the road again. Next up is Emergency medicine in rural West Virginia. I am very excited. Psychiatry is all about the gift of gab, but I haven't given injections, read EKG's, or even done a physical exam. I look forward to using my clinical skills again.

Graduation is so close that I am considering options for employment. There are so many options to choose from, which is exciting. Because of the detective and our way of living, all options are pretty much wide open. I am in a wonderful place in my life right now! I'll be sure to keep you all posted.

Good night...er, good morning?

2 comments:

tee said...

yay! update as much as you can. ED is where I like to think I'll end up working, or surgery. Just out of curiousity, the school you go to is in Alaska and you were sent to WV?

SLP said...

Hello tee,

I'm looking forward to the ED. I love using my hands, and from what I hear about this hospital, there are plenty of opportunities to practice your clinical skills.

To date, there are no PA schools in the state of Alaska. Good guess! I did my primary care rotation in Alaska, and now I'm preparing to go to WV for EM. I love being a nomad!