Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Too Damn Cold

The cop and I just returned from apartment shopping up north. It snowed the entire time. All I have to say is I hope I can acclimate quickly to a much colder climate.

Anyone who knows me knows I can't stand being cold. I guess I should have taken that into consideration before I applied to this one PA program. Common sense should have told me that if I plan to move north, I'm gonna be cold most of the time. Damn it. Oh well! I'm hoping I'll be on the move so much, I won't even notice how cold it is. I may even come to like it...maybe.

We had a great time up there. This was the cop's first time setting foot on my campus, and I hadn't been there since my interview over a year ago. And yes, we secured an apartment! It's absolutely perfect for me: spacious, clean, secure, affordable, and only 2 minutes away from campus. I'm looking forward to moving in.

My main focus now is making sure the cop is well taken care of while I'm away. He's a good cook, and a great housekeeper. I just hope he actually does these things while I'm gone. I don't think he'll have a choice! I sure will miss him and Linc, and my family. All of them have been so supportive. Well, it's getting down to the wire. Christmas is almost here. O-Chem is almost done. I'll begin my journey to competent medical practice sooner than I realize.

No comments: