Monday, May 16, 2011

Sleepless in Seattle, headed for Alaska

Jet lag can be a killer. Especially when you're running on two hours of sleep. To make matters worse, I don't sleep well on airplanes. I don't know many who do.

I am currently sitting in the Seattle airport. One more flight and I'll be at my final destination. I'm looking forward to settling into my apartment in Juneau and acquainting myself with the area. More than that, I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep. It's not that I'm nervous, or even excited. I think I'm too tired to be excited. This past week has been so very busy.

I have no doubt that Alaska will be a wonderful rotation. My preceptor seems excited to have me work with her, and I am looking forward to being exposed to a rural population unlike any other in the country. I am to arrive at the clinic every day at 7:30am, except for Thursdays. Every Thursday I am to report to the local hospital to work with the Radiologists there. I am really looking forward to this opportunity.

As I embark upon this portion of my training, it is my intention to relay my experiences to the readers of this blog as clearly and honestly as I can without compromising the privacy of my patients. I hope you will enjoy reading as much as I will enjoy sharing. I start Wednesday morning. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Sarah G said...

Keep us posted- also curious how you set up your rotation in Alaska?