Sunday, June 21, 2009

Another Great Salsa Weekend

Man, my feet are killing me. I have danced a total of 7 hours this weekend....nonstop! Viva la Salsa!!!

My hometown is becoming quite the venue for salsa events and socials. In addition to the annual "invasion" that takes place, we have a social 6 out of 7 days of the week! Pretty impressive. Salsa is an interesting hobby in that it immediately grants you access to dozens of people who could be potential friends. I can't tell you how many friends I have made in the past four months from salsa alone.

The Professor is perhaps one dance partner I have that I could become quite close to. Unlike most of my dance partners, we have spent a considerable amount of time together off of the dance floor. It's interesting getting to know dance partners outside the context of salsa. They become real people. TP is a great dancer, and a wonderful conversationalist. He has a way of keeping my attention. He intrigues me, and he impresses me. When I dance with him and talk with him, I am myself...no pretense, no walls, no formalities. Just laughter, smiles, fun...peace and contentment. I'm not quite sure how old he is, but I'm certain he's a bit older than I am. Honestly, I couldn't care less; we have so much fun together! It's scary how well we get along...and how well we connect! He's an adorable man with a great sense of humor, and a great pair of dancing feet!!! One of the best dance partners I have, no doubt, and surely someone I hope to keep in my life for years to come!

Well, this week brings a few changes. I begin my final music course on Monday. I will be a college graduate at the end of August!!! The cop's work schedule has changed again, so now we will both have Sundays off! I'm so excited. Now we have at least one day of the week when we can spend some quality time together. I have Wednesday night off this week. Guess what I'll be doing? That's right. I'll need the next three days to rest my feet, recuperate, and learn some new styling moves!

No comments: